Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Blue Skunk blog
A Cloudy Forecast for Education: Cloud-based Computing in K-12
Discover how teachers and students can benefit by moving to the cloud - when staff and student applications become hosted. The session discusses the implication of hosted computer applications and resources on school budgets, staffing and new possibilities.
Powerpoint slides in Dropbox
Teachers in the Cloud
DeBono collaborative document
1. Introduction What is "cloud computing" and what are its advantages? What are some common examples of cloud computing in today's schools and libraries?
2. Cloud-based school applications
3. How teachers and administrators can use GoogleApps for Education
4. The impact on the technology budget and tech staffing of cloud computing.
5. What are the major concerns about cloud-computing and are they justified?
6. Discussion and ideas
Computing in the Clouds
Leading & Learning
, Dec/Jan 2009/10.
Where are the savings in using GoogleApps
?" Blue Skunk Blog, February 5, 2010
The Changing Role of Tech Support
" Blue Skunk Blog, March 14, 2010
The Changing Role of the Technology Director
" Educational Leadership, April 2013
Boiling frogs, GoogleApps and School Change
," Blue Skunk Blog, Sept 26, 2011.
about GoogleApps for Education.
See also resources for
Libraries in the Cloud
GoogleApps Security and Privacy FAQ
Henry Thiele answers some questions about FERPA and HIPPA and GoogleApps for Education, April 2012
Henry's slideshow here.
Privacy Technical Assistance Center
Schools go to the Cloud Infographic
August 29, 2012
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"